See the story
CARE | CAUSE | CURE
The PAPAA Vision
We want to see a world where psoriatic disease is seen as more than just a skin and joint manifestation. Our CARE | CAUSE | CURE, aims to:
- care and provide information to those most in need
- support and research into the underlying cause
- seek and understand how to find the cure
How we've made an impact?
- The most comprehensive psoriatic disease specific website in the UK, with nearly 10,000 free to access items and pages.
- A full range of printed leaflets on the core aspects of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, with more than 200,000 distributed free in the last 10-years.
- More than 1,000 health care professionals provided with free patient support material.
- Supported 3,500 UK pharmacies to provide free patient resource at the point of medicine delivery.
- Biannual journal called Skin ‘n’ Bones Connection regularly distributed since 1993 to patient and a wide range of healthcare providers.
- Engaged and represented your views with UK regulators including NICE, SMC, AWMSG and the MHRA to provide input into new drug appraisals and regulatory affairs.
- Actively engaged across the most popular social media applications, with around 10,000 interactions.
- We have gathered real stories via our engagement group and PAPAA surveys with more than 5,000 individual views and suggestions from lived-experience of psoriatic disease.
- Around three-quarters of million pounds provided to support research and training initiatives in psoriatic disease.
- Regular updates provided via an eNewsletter to more than 1,300 people.
- Trained multidisciplinary healthcare professional via our CPD accredited Psoriasis in Practice programme, with many subsidised to access the training at no cost.
- Provided anonymised access to peer-support to those often desperate for someone to listen and hear their voice.
What you can do to help us?
All of the above costs money and to enable us to continue to provide it free of cost we need your help. Any donation no matter how small will help us to continue to produce and distribute more free leaflets to those that need them and also help us to continue to fund research in the hope that one day a cure will be found for both psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.