How to get in touch
PAPAA continues to publish print copy.
All main printed resource leaflets can be identified and sourced via the International Standard Book Number (ISBN) that appears on the material as a barcode.
The material has been written or approved by appropriately qualiﬁed individuals, which includes doctors, nurses, and other healthcare providers. There has also been patient, lay and public input from people with or aﬀected by psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
Many hospital out-patient departments will have copies of PAPAA information. The material is available free in bulk to healthcare professionals as a support to patients, although in some cases due to the lack of provision of space, leaﬂets may not be on show.
Always ask for information, some hospitals will have their own material too, which is speciﬁcally about their services.
The standard by which we produce information is based on the PIF TICK criteria, which is the UK-wide Quality Mark for trusted health information. PAPAA was awarded the PIF TICK aﬅer a thorough application and assessment process and has shown that it meets the health information production process 10-point criteria.
The journal is registered as a magazine with the International Standard Serial Number ISSN (1475-4134).
The first issue of Skin 'n' Bones Connection was produced in October 1993 with initially only 150 copies printed and circulated to a small number of support group members, circulation is now significantly larger.
Two editions are produced every year and it is circulated to patients, healthcare professionals and resource libraries.
- The contents of the journal are aimed at providing information that may be of interest to people with psoriasis and/or psoriatic arthritis or those who have a specialist interest, whether in a personal or professional capacity.
- Material may include aspects related to health, services or products that are available and are included for general interest and may or may not relate directly to either psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis.
- Articles, letters and press/news releases may be accepted, but the editorial team cannot guarantee insertion and reserve the right to refuse inclusion without explanation of any unsolicited material.
- Material that is accepted may be edited and full accreditation to contributors will be clearly displayed, unless otherwise agreed.
- Advertisements are not currently accepted.